“That corner of the land has had something bad happen on it and there’s something black on that corner,” my kids both stated. I then realised that I was standing in such a way that I had my back to that corner as if I was subconsciously shielding myself from something ‘dark’ over that corner.
We were standing on a major country road with a Pastor and his church’s intercessors. The Pastor had asked our family to come and pray with them as they were selecting a new site for the church premises. We had already checked out a town block that they were deliberating over but didn’t get any real sense of yes or no. Now we were standing outside a block of land several acres large.
I shared what the kids had quietly stated with me and also my feelings, all information that our spirits were picking up. The Pastor and the intercessors gathered and chatted for awhile and then shared how there had been a murder on that corner of the land years before. Once this was openly realised, we received a good sense of the use of the land and that the corner of the land would need cleansing but that there was a great sense of hope for the use of the land.
Another occasion presented where we were assisting another group of people. They were wanting to buy a house block for ministry purposes. As we started walking over the land, a strong sense that the land had something under the ground that wasn’t good began to surface within me and became extremely strong. I sensed that whatever was underground would potentially cost so much more to fix. The ministry leaders then shared that there were many underground tunnels and mines in the area that weren’t mapped and people had no idea of where they were but if one was on your property, then it was extremely costly to fix.
The group became quite dejected and expressed major disappointment as they had searched for the right property for so long and this was the ‘best’ option. As we hopped back into our cars to drive to a place for lunch, the leader briefly suggested that we drive past another house that he had heard that morning was being put on the market that next week. As we drove past that new place, there was such a strong sense that we needed to stop. This was definitely the place. The group went on to purchase the property and it is still being used majorly for God. The position is excellent and there were no major issues.
Another time a friend of mine purchased a residential property to use it for commercial purposes. Others were doing similar things in the same street and it was very straightforward for the other people. My friend’s property, however, was still tied up in council issues twelve months later. I can remember asking her one day about it and she explained that she had no idea why there was all the holdups but could I please drive past the property and see if I ‘picked up’ anything to do with it and to pray about it. The next time I drove past, I glanced up the long driveway at the side of the house with the garage at the end. There seemed to be a huge black presence covering the garage. Now I didn’t stop, I was just driving past. I rang my friend, told her and we prayed about it. Shortly afterwards, the police rocked up with a warrant to tear down the garage due to the remains of a body being buried there. I drove past the property after that, and sensed all was clear and there was definitely no black presence up the driveway. Shortly afterwards, the council permitted the property changes to go ahead.
Praying and using our prophetic gifting in purchasing and selecting land and/or buildings is something that we can all do and upskill in. But we need to do it wisely. It can have huge implications!!
Several keys I have found useful when prophesying over land:
- Prepare – pray, research etc.
- Make sure you have spiritual authority over that piece of land
- Are you the owner or occupier?
- If there is a business on the land, are you a customer?
- If it is a church, are you committed to that church and pay tithes and involved in ministry there?
- Have you been asked by the owner?
- Is someone in authority with you if you don’t have the ‘land authority’?
- Quietly worship on the land if you can. Try and sense what happens when you worship.
- Be certain that what you are sensing, hearing, seeing is from God. It can have major financial implications for people.
- Ask God for a sign. With the first example above, once the group had chatted about the murder and realised what the darkness over the corner was about, a rainbow appeared (even though it wasn’t raining) and then a flock of eagles came from seemingly nowhere and swooped over the land.
- Practice and obtain authority over land issues. I have found that the more I practice and sense stuff in regard to land issues, the more authority I gain in relation to this. A great way my friend does this is to find blocks of land that are for sale but not selling or businesses that keep changing hands. Go and buy something at that business and ask God what is happening there. Start blessing the land and business. You don’t need to tell the owner. Just release joy, peace, prosperity, blessing over the land and watch to see the results.
- Decree and declare over the land. Release Biblical promises over the land. Read Scripture and worship there.
Prophetic Activations / Exercises to incorporate into your week:
Every week I list 5 prophetic activations/exercises under children/family, group, beginner, intermediate and advanced. The purpose of these exercises is to practice to help us hear God’s voice in a clearer manner. They sharpen our senses to hear and see and sense God and His way of communicating with us. This enables us to grow in our relationship with God and also to impart to others what God tells us for them. Feel free to use as many of these activations each week as you can. The more you practice, the sharper you become at hearing God’s voice. Enjoy! Remember that whenever you give another person a prophetic word or picture etc, please make sure that it is encouraging, edifying (strengthening) and comforting (1 Corinthians 14:3) and that it comes from a place of love.
1. Children / Families Activation: Go to a local park that has a playground and spend a few moments asking God what His heart is for this park. Find a creative way of expressing God’s heart for it there – speaking it out, drawing it, playing with laughter, doing a prophetic act etc.
2. Group Activation: Prepare beforehand by finding several parcels of land nearby that don’t necessarily have the best reputation or are the home of corruption. Try and have a photo of each piece of land for people to see. Divide into small groups with one parcel of land each group and spend time listening to God for His heart about the land and its use and then prophesy as a group about that parcel of land. Finish by having a time of blessing each parcel of land.
3. Beginner Activation: Spend time with God asking Him how He feels about where you live and the land your building is on. Grab some oil and anoint the boundaries of the land, praying a blessing over the land and its use and everyone on the land. If you have any issues with neighbours, ask God what the issue is really about and prophesy into the outcome.
4. Intermediate Activation: Find a struggling business and make a purchase there. Ask God to highlight to you the real reasons that the business is not going well. Prophesy into the reversal of the reason and prophesy the outcome of the business. Finish by blessing the business.
5. Advanced Activation: Ask God to reveal to you a land issue within your local community, state, or nation. Spend time with God listening to Him and asking Him what to prophesy and decree over the issue. Ask God what you are then to do with this prophetic word – speak it out, visit the land and speak it over that, send the prophetic word to a certain person, pray and intercede for God’s heart to be realised in relation to the issue etc.