As we go into this New Year, I am praying this blessing over you, my blog readers.
(I encourage you to put your name in the space and say this blessing over you out aloud. There is power in not only reading a blessing but speaking it out aloud over you and calling your spirit to attention first. It helps grow your spirit on the inside.)
“…(your name)…” I call your spirit to attention and bless you with fresh eyes to see and ears to hear that which God is doing around you and what He is calling you to. I bless you with seeing God in the small things and the big. I bless you with experiencing ‘God kisses’ each day where God shows you something that is personal for you or something that you can delight in.
I bless you ……….. with joy. I bless you with being able to experience true joy and freedom and being able to laugh. Laugh at yourself, laugh in the face of adversity, laugh with others. Like the woman in Proverbs 31:25, I bless you with being able to laugh without fear of the future.
I bless you ………… with being able to rest. Able to rest in God and with God. I bless you with being able to operate from a place of rest and not needing to strive or attain perfection. I bless you with being comfortable being you, the amazing person God created you to be. I bless you with peace.
I bless you ……….. with wrestling with God in the hard times and when you don’t understand or like what is happening. I bless you with being totally honest with God and laying everything out before Him. I bless you with working with God to come to a place of peace and knowing that God is truly a God who cares for you and loves you and is there for you no matter what.
I bless you ……….. with relationships that are deep and meaningful and sustainable. I bless you with the courage to form new friendships and to see those who need a special human touch and someone to just notice them. I bless you with partnering every day with God in communicating with others how God loves them. I bless you with receiving a special touch from someone in those times when you need a human interaction.
I bless you ……….. with knowing how valuable and unique you are. I bless you with knowing how important you are to your family and friends and to this world.
I bless you ……..… with an increased awareness of God, Holy Spirit and Jesus. I bless you with feeling and seeing and hearing a whole lot of new things about Jesus. I bless you with going deeper in intimacy with Father God. I bless you with allowing the Holy Spirit to have His way in your life and to flow in and through you. I bless you with a love for reading the Word of God.
I bless you ………… with hearing and seeing and knowing God’s goodness and desires and plans for you and I bless you as you seek Him and realise them for yourself. I bless you with Jeremiah 29:11 for knowing the plans that God has for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. I bless you in experiencing this come to fruition.
I bless you ……….. with the courage to step out and prophesy over people, to see healings occur and to operate in a whole new area of supernatural miracles and provision.
I bless you …….…. with being able to create space in your calendar and time schedule so as to be able to implement those things and actions that God is calling you to.
I bless you …..…… with being able to create space in your life and daily activities so that you can hear, see and feel God afresh and in more intimate ways. I bless you with being able to enjoy this year and to have fun, laugh aloud and see the good in every situation. Most of all, I bless you with experiencing how God is present with you at all times.
In Jesus’ name, Amen
Prophetic Activations / Exercises to incorporate into your week:
Every week I list 5 prophetic activations/exercises under children/family, group, beginner, intermediate and advanced. The purpose of these exercises is to practice to help us hear God’s voice in a clearer manner. They sharpen our senses to hear and see and sense God and His way of communicating with us. This enables us to grow in our relationship with God and also to impart to others what God tells us for them. Feel free to use as many of these activations each week as you can. The more you practice, the sharper you become at hearing God’s voice. Enjoy! Remember that whenever you give another person a prophetic word or picture etc, please make sure that it is encouraging, edifying (strengthening) and comforting (1 Corinthians 14:3) and that it comes from a place of love.
1. Children / Families Activation: Spend time with God as a family and ask God to show you one thing He would like you to do as a family this year. List what every person says. Create a vision board or picture from what was said or write these things down and put them in a place where family members can see it.
2. Group Activation: Break into pairs. Spend five minutes listening to God as to what He would like to communicate to your partner. Then turn that into a blessing and pray that blessing over your partner. (Instead of saying “I pray …” say “I bless you with …”)
3. Beginner Activation: Spend time with God and ask Him what He would like you to focus on this year. Try and narrow it down to one word if you can.
4. Intermediate Activation: Choose a group or an activity that you are involved with. Ask God to show you His heart for this group this coming year. If appropriate, write this down and share with the leader of the group.
5. Advanced Activation: Spend time with God hearing His heart for world events for this coming year. Write down what you are sensing, hearing, seeing. Keep this confidential. At the end of the year, look at what you have written and see what has unfolded for the year and how accurate you were in what you were sensing.