Several years ago during our Healing Rooms Board Meeting, our Director was sharing about a team member needing heart surgery. She went on to explain the condition. I was a Coronary Care specialist nurse for over 25 years so I knew what she was talking about. I just automatically went to the position that the operation would be the best outcome for that type of condition. As we prayed, I said, “Father God, if it is your will to heal this person without surgery…”. The Director stopped me right there and said, “Jane, we don’t pray that way.”. I was rightly reprimanded as that is not exercising my faith and authority as a daughter of the Healing God that we love and serve. God wants to heal everyone. Fair enough, some people’s healing does come through having surgery, but we do not pray, “if it is your will to heal”.
When we have a faulty belief system, it is definitely highlighted in our identity and intimacy with Father God. Out of our identity and our intimacy with Father God comes our authority. How we view and believe what God can and will do, certainly impacts the authority we operate in. When we believe that God is always good and wants to heal and can heal anything, it changes the way we pray for people and what we pray.
My personal beliefs around healing:
- God is a good God no matter what. We don’t have all the answers, but God remains good. Learning to live with the mystery is part of the journey.
- God desires that we are all healed – Psalm 103:2-3
- There is no formula to healing.
- We don’t have to wait for our healing before we pray for someone else’s healing.
- You do not have to be a Christian to be supernaturally healed.
- Don’t blame God for your sickness. God is not the author of your sickness.
- Sickness does not come from heaven. Sickness is not a blessing.
- Sickness and pain are not your identity. Your identity is in Christ and you are His Royal son/daughter.
- God uses medicine to heal people as well as using supernatural miracles.
- Forgiveness can help aid the process of healing but it is not 100% dependent on it.
- Our words have the power to create – Isaiah 55:11
- We are partnering with God to bring Heaven to Earth. What is in Heaven, we bring to earth – Matthew 6:10
- Believe you are healed.
- God is always ready to have an encounter with you now and heal you.
- If someone gets healed, get them to pray for the next person. The healing testimony is powerful. It raises our faith level. Also, if you have been healed of a condition, you carry an authority over that condition and when you pray for others with that condition, you see healing.
Throughout the last ten years, our family has experienced miraculous healings for ourselves and prayed for people for healing. We have seen people healed of cancer, blind eyes see, numerous broken bones healed, numerous teeth / dental miracles, anaphylaxis healed etc.
I encourage you to read through the list above of beliefs about healing. Do any not sit quite right with you? I encourage you to go on a journey with God and ask Him about that belief. Is it incorrect or is it an area in your own life that you need to grow in? Study the verses about that belief in the Bible. Do the hard yards and see what resonates and work out what you believe and what the Bible portrays about healing.
For me to pray for people for healing and see those healings, I have had to intentionally grow my faith so that it is bold and so that I operate from a belief system that God can do anything, that the impossible can become possible with God. Next week I will be sharing some ways that you can grow your faith and your view of the greatness of God.
Prophetic Activations / Exercises to incorporate into your week:
Every week I list 5 prophetic activations/exercises under children/family, group, beginner, intermediate and advanced. The purpose of these exercises is to practice to help us hear God’s voice in a clearer manner. They sharpen our senses to hear and see and sense God and His way of communicating with us. This enables us to grow in our relationship with God and also to impart to others what God tells us for them. Feel free to use as many of these activations each week as you can. The more you practice, the sharper you become at hearing God’s voice. Enjoy! Remember that whenever you give another person a prophetic word or picture etc, please make sure that it is encouraging, edifying (strengthening) and comforting (1 Corinthians 14:3) and that it comes from a place of love.
1. Children / Families Activation: Gather a heap of dress up clothes and identity symbols eg ring, crown, dressing gown, shoes, sword etc. Have fun taking turns dressing each other up in these items and prophesying over them their identity as a child of God.
2. Group Activation: Pass around a slip of paper, pen, a piece of string and a balloon to all participants. Ask people to ask God for a one word prophecy for an anonymous group member. Have everyone write that word on the slip of paper, then fold their slip of paper and insert into the balloon. Blow the balloons up and tie a string around them. Ask people to tie their balloon to their ankle. Then ask everyone to stand and move around the room, asking God whose balloon they should jump on and burst. The balloon the person bursts will contain a slip of paper with the word for them. Allow a few moments to ask God to show people how that word relates to them. Have a few people share the application to their life.
3. Beginner Activation: Spend a few moments with God basking in His presence. Ask Him to show or tell you a type of drink. Ask God what that drink is composed of and how and why it relates to you.
4. Intermediate Activation: Ask God to show you someone looking to buy or rent a house or wanting to change their housing situation. Ask God for His wisdom and any keys He would love to download to you for them. Write or share a prophetic word with this person about their housing situation. Share appropriately.
5. Advanced Activation: Spend time with God seeking His heart on trafficked humans. Ask Him to show you an area/city/country specifically that He would like you to intercede for. Ask Him to show you what He would have you do, say, decree, pray, prophesy etc about this issue.