Shawn Bolz has an amazing prophetic ministry. I have recently started listening to some of his podcasts where he interviews ‘famous’ prophetic people and unearths really interesting and challenging stories about these people’s prophetic abilities and their prophetic stories.
I encourage you to listen to a few of his interviews. Maybe even subscribe to his podcasts so you don’t miss any. This is a great way to also grow in your own prophetic gifting.
In this episode (number 27 from March 12, 2018 – http://exploringtheprophetic.libsyn.com/exploring-the-prophetic-with-dan-mccollam), Shawn Bolz interviews Dan McCollam.
Dan leads an amazing Prophetic “Finders” Group out of Mission Church in Vacaville, California, USA.
Dan and his group make a point to hear God about life and death situations by asking God for kidnapped, missing and trafficked people and how to locate them. They have been partnering with authorities to find these missing children and unsolved crimes.
In this episode, he shares some truly amazing stories about how God has used him and his team in Words of Knowledge to locate missing children, some that have been missing for many years. These stories are awesome! Dan also shares some cautionary words as well.
Imagine if we grew in our ability to hear God about matters of life and death like this. Imagine the huge impact on children, families, cities and nations.
Prophetic Activations / Exercises to incorporate into your week:
Every week I list 5 prophetic activations/exercises under children/family, group, beginner, intermediate and advanced. The purpose of these exercises is to help us hear God’s voice in a clearer manner. They sharpen our senses to hear and see and sense God and His way of communicating with us. This enables us to grow in our relationship with God and also to impart to others what God tells us for them. Feel free to use as many of these activations each week as you can. The more you practice, the sharper you become at hearing God’s voice. Enjoy! Remember that whenever you give another person a prophetic word or picture etc, please make sure that it is encouraging, edifying (strengthening) and comforting (1 Corinthians 14:3) and that it comes from a place of love.
1. Children / Families Activation: Choose several people you know whose parents have died or are adopted or fostered. If possible, try and have a photo of each person. Ask each child to select a person and ask God to share with them how He sees that person and their situation and who they really are known as in Heaven. Ask each child to draw a picture or write it down. Then pass these pictures/words on to the people they were drawn/written about.
2. Group Activation: Prepare beforehand from an old missing person/kidnapped child case. Find some details and perhaps a photo of the missing person and some of the details once they were found. Share the photo and the initial details of the case. Break the group into smaller groups and ask them to ask God for some clues to the rescue of this person. After 15-20 minutes, bring the whole group back together and ask every group to share their thoughts. See if there are any common themes across the group. Then share the outcome of the case and the real details released in the media.
3. Beginner Activation: Ask God to reveal to you something about your identity which has been missing or overlooked. Spend time with God seeking more and looking to Him for the next step for this part of your identity to be truly realised within you.
4. Intermediate Activation: Ask God to show you someone who is lonely and feels abandoned or is without a close family. Ask God to show you his answer and how He sees this person. Frame it in a prophetic word and tactfully deliver it to this person.
5. Advanced Activation: Spend time with God asking Him to reveal to you a missing person and some details about that. Write the details down and just observe what happens with the missing person case. Ask God to help you hone your skills in this area and review the information you thought with the information about the missing person which comes to light. Be interceding for this person to be reunited with their loved ones and for their safety.