The words we say are powerful. Whenever we speak, we are releasing the potential for positive or negative effects into the atmosphere. Our words have the power to create, form and fashion something out of nothing and to change outcomes.
In Genesis 1, God spoke, and the world was created. He has given us the same creative power to create outcomes with the words we speak.
Do you speak life or death?
Isaiah 55:10-11 “As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”
I find these verses so encouraging, sobering, and a fabulous reminder of the importance of everything I say, whether to others, my self-talk, or in my prayers. Those times when I express my anger or frustration–the words I release into the atmosphere will come true. If I pause and speak kind, life-giving words instead, the change is enormous.
God’s Word does not return empty, and our words don’t either.
The purpose of this workbook is to assist you as you intentionally steward the words you say. To take captive every thought so that life comes out of your mouth when you speak. As you read and apply God’s Word to your life, allow time to ponder the richness of God’s words towards you. Spend time listening to Him so you can hear what He wants to share with you.
In the following 30 days, you will hopefully discover and delight in God’s perspective on the use of your words as you intentionally speak life over yourself, your family and others.
The Daily Outline includes:
- A Bible verse to focus your heart and mind on Biblical truth.
- Space to journal your thoughts and feelings concerning the Bible verses. Too often, we can quickly look to see other’s perspectives on the Biblical passage and not seek God’s truth for ourselves.
- My thoughts and observations on the Bible verse.
- Reflection questions to assist you in digging deeper and applying the Bible verse to your life.
- Space to write a specific application related to the reading.
- Space to craft your declaration to speak life over yourself that day.