Are you longing for more contentment, joy and resilience in your life?
I believe that gratitude is the key. I have discovered the benefits of gratitude as I have intentionally sought to chase after joy and thankfulness in my life. These benefits have included:
- Creating resilience in me as the negative things in life no longer ‘weigh’ me down.
- Grumbling and complaining have diminished.
- Focusing my attention off myself and on to God.
- Changing my perspective that God is ultimately in control and I serve Him and need Him in my life. God is our provider and the giver of all good gifts.
- The enemy flees as the forces of darkness do not like associating with grateful hearts.
- Opening the door for God’s presence to permeate my life and His blessings to continue.
This workbook has been created to help you as you intentionally steward joy and thankfulness in your life. I have deliberated created it as a 40 Day gratitude journal as research now indicates that it takes longer than 21 days to develop a new habit.
Each day you will:
- Begin with a Bible verse to focus your heart and mind on Biblical truth.
- Identify three things that you are grateful for that day.
- Deliberately recognize where God is at work and then communicate that to someone. This practice has been shown to leave an indelible mark on your brain.
- Dig deeper and identify three more specific aspects you are grateful for.
- Search inwards as you reflect on the questions posed as you seek to solidify the change in your life that you wish to see.
- Close with prayer. There is a brief written prayer along with space to add your own prayer.
There are two links – one for a rose coloured pdf and the other for a green coloured pdf.