Last evening at our Healing Rooms team breakup, as the celebration time drew to a close, I was asked to release a blessing over the team. I stood up and started to speak what came to my mind for a blessing for the team for over this time until we reconnected again in February. I didn’t specifically feel anything myself personally but I saw and heard many of the team members being impacted. On the drive home, my husband commented that I should write out an Advent blessing for my blog since it seemed to have a huge impact when I released a blessing at the breakup. I cannot remember what I said. I am also not audibly saying it over you as I don’t yet have the correct equipment. (In January, I am looking at buying the sound gear I need so as to start doing podcasts for my blogs.) But, I am writing a blessing down for you for this season of Advent.
I encourage you to put your name in the space and say this blessing over you out aloud. There is power in not only reading a blessing but speaking it out aloud over you and calling your spirit to attention first. The spoken word is powerful and changes outcomes. It helps grow your spirit on the inside. I would also love to know any impact over you.
“……(your own name)…., I call your spirit to attention and I bless you with knowing how valuable and unique you are. I bless you with knowing how important you are to your family and friends, to God, and to this world. I bless you….(your name)… with an increased awareness of God, Holy Spirit and Jesus in this amazing season of Advent. I bless you with feeling and seeing and hearing a whole lot of new things about Jesus as you prepare for Christmas and the celebration of Jesus birth. I bless you with going deeper in intimacy with God in this season. I bless you with being able to create space in your life and daily activities so that you can hear, see and feel God afresh and in more intimate ways. I bless you with being able to enjoy this season of Advent and New Year and to have fun, laugh aloud and see the good in every situation. I bless you with being able to bring Christ’s peace into every interaction with others, especially those frustrating or annoying or harsh interactions with people, especially family members. I bless your prophetic gifting and your healing gifting that they will increase and become more accurate and go far deeper and bring far more blessings to others than you can ever imagine or hope. I bless you with being able to laugh into the future like the Proverbs 31 woman as you enter into the New Year. I bless you with seeing and hearing and knowing what it is that God has in store for you as you enter this New Year and being able to join with God to see this come to fruition. I bless you with hearing and seeing and knowing God’s goodness and desires and plans for you and I bless you as you seek Him over this time and realise them for yourself. I bless you with being able to have space and time and energy to be able to create space in your calendar and time schedule so as to be able to implement those things and actions that God is calling you to. I bless you with spiritual eyes and spiritual ears to see and hear whom you can encourage in this season and whom to release blessings to. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Prophetic Activations / Exercises to incorporate into your week:
The purpose of these exercises is to help us hear God’s voice in a clearer manner. They sharpen our senses to hear and recognise God’s voice and His way of communicating with us. This enables us to grow in our relationship with God and also to impart to others what God tells us for them. Feel free to use as many of these activations each week as you can. The more you practice, the sharper you become at hearing God’s voice. Enjoy!
Remember that whenever you give another person a prophetic word or picture etc, please make sure that it is encouraging, edifying (strengthening) and comforting (1 Corinthians 14:3) and that it comes from a place of love.
1. Children / Families Activation: Spend time as a family blessing each other. Encourage everyone to listen to what God says or shows them to bless the other person with. Take turns receiving and everyone else saying “I bless you with …..”
2. Group Activation: Get into pairs and ask Holy Spirit to show you what to bless the other person with. Begin by calling their spirit to attention and then releasing the blessing over them.
3. Beginner Activation: Ask God to show you a friend whom you can pray a blessing over, spend time writing down what God brings to mind and then when you next meet, ask their permission to release the blessing over them.
4. Intermediate Activation: Choose one day as you go about your daily business to release a blessing over various people you meet that day. Frame your words using non christian language and keep it short. Ask God to highlight specific people and what their giftings and strengths are and encourage that in them.
5. Advanced Activation: Spend time with God crafting a blessing to release over your country. Decree and declare it aloud numerous times throughout this season.