As I was preparing for our church’s Healing Rooms Board Meeting for 2018, I was musing with God about how we all want to see cancer totally healed. In fact, we want to see everything healed. God then asked me what He was bringing before us. What was in our hand? God is calling us to be faithful in what He is bringing before us. Are we seeing 100% healing in the conditions and diseases God gives us? For a certain few conditions, Stairway Healing Rooms has about 80-90% healing rate. This is what we currently, as Stairway Healing Rooms, have authority over. When we realise this, it increases our faith, and the person’s faith, as well.
One of those conditions is lower back pain. Let me say here, that not all lower back pain will disappear and be healed this easily but we have found a high degree of success when God grows out people’s legs to be equal length, the lower back pain seems to greatly decrease.
I’m going to briefly outline the steps we take when someone comes to us with lower back pain. Please also realise that there is no ‘formula’ with healing. God is free to work however He likes and will do so. Below is a general guideline we follow.
1. The 1st 3 questions we ask a client when they tell you they have back pain are:
- Where’s the pain?
- Rate the current pain out of 10 (this is so that you can determine later if the pain has decreased. 10 is the highest amount of pain, 0 is painfree)
- Did anything cause/bring the pain on?
2. If anything brought on / caused the pain to begin with, deal with that first.
- Remember to pray off shock and trauma
3. Most lower back pain can be dealt with by growing out the legs so that they are the same length.
- Share very short testimony of seeing leg’s grown out and how that helps take away the back pain. Sharing a testimony raises people’s faith level.
- Get them to sit on a hard chair with their bottom right up against the back.
- Ask them to put their legs out in front of them. You will need to support their legs – your wrists or hands gently under their ankles supporting underneath or else grab an ankle in each hand around their ankle bone.
- Look at the length.
- Look at their ankle bones – are they the same length?
- Look at the bottom of their heels – are they at the same length? (Don’t look at their pointed toes to see if they are the same length as people usually have one foot longer than the other.)
- Ask Holy Spirit to come and command the shorter leg to grow out.
- Sometimes you may find the shorter leg shoots out and grows so that it is now longer than the other leg. Command one leg to be the same size as the other. Feel free to ask the person to choose which length.
4. When the legs are equal length, ask the person to stand and reassess the pain.
- Ask them to rate the pain out of 10 and see if there is a reduction. If it has reduced – praise God. If it is the same, continue praying for the pain to go. Command the pain to Go in Jesus’ name.
- Deal with any residual pain by praying/declaring over that.
- Bless their back.
- At the end of praying for their back, pray a physical and spiritual alignment over them.
Prophetic Activations / Exercises to incorporate into your week:
The purpose of these exercises is to help us hear God’s voice in a clearer manner. They sharpen our senses to hear and recognise God’s voice and His way of communicating with us. This enables us to grow in our relationship with God and also to impart to others what God tells us for them. Feel free to use as many of these activations each week as you can. The more you practice, the sharper you become at hearing God’s voice. Enjoy! Remember that whenever you give another person a prophetic word or picture etc, please make sure that it is encouraging, edifying (strengthening) and comforting (1 Corinthians 14:3) and that it comes from a place of love.
1. Children / Families Activation: As a family, check each other’s leg lengths to see if they are equal lengths. Practice ‘growing out’ each other’s legs. As each family member sits in the chair to have their leg length checked, everyone else asks God to show or tell them how God sees that person in the chair and everyone then shares it with the person in the chair.
2. Group Activation: As a group, ask if anyone in the group has lower back pain. Ask them to come to the front of the room. Before you pray over the person for healing, ask everyone to ask God how He sees that person dressed (ie how that person is seen from a heavenly perspective and what clothes they would thus be wearing). Then ask a few people to share it with that person. Follow that up with praying for the person’s healing.
3. Beginner Activation: Ask God to show you someone who needs encouragement about their height and ask God how He would like you to encourage them and prophecy into their situation.
4. Intermediate Activation: The news that Billy Graham died has been broadcast today. Thus, spend some time asking God to show you how to pray and prophecy over the Graham family in their mourning/celebration. Then spend some time declaring that out aloud.
5. Advanced Activation: The news that Billy Graham died has been broadcast today. He has had a huge impact on many people throughout the world. Spend some time with God asking Him to show you someone who will have a huge future in impacting the world for Jesus. Ask God to ‘flesh this out’ and how God wants you to communicate it to this person and encourage them.