Last time I posted on the blog, it was about Prophetic Acts – what they were, how we as a family had undertaken various prophetic acts, some Biblical examples and a brief guide to how to do a prophetic act. This week, I wanted to list a few ideas to help get people started in undertaking prophetic acts.
Just to recap – a prophetic act is something done (at God’s directions) in the natural (physical) realm that supports God’s workings in the spiritual realm, to bring forth results that would be manifested in the natural realm. It somehow opens the channel for God’s presence, power and victory to be released to have an effect in the physical realm and change outcomes.
It is not a formula or method that you can blindly follow so that you can produce different results. God is not a respecter of formulas. It is also not always possible to fully explain or justify the sense behind a prophetic act with our human mind. It is also not worthwhile doing something that constitutes a prophetic act if it doesn’t first come from God.
Thus, basically it is a physical action that God gives you to do that becomes a sign and decree to forge breakthrough in the spiritual realm.
Remember, when you obey God, anything may, and can, happen. Ezekiel (as found in Ezekiel chapter 4) was asked by God to perform a prophetic act on behalf of the Israelites. He had to lie on his left side for 390 days and then lie on his right side for 40 days, tied with ropes so he couldn’t turn or move from his position. He was only to eat a set amount of certain foods, cooked on his excrement. He was aghast and asked God to change it so the Lord said he could use cow manure instead of his own excrement.
I believe that God can use us mightily when we obey Him.
Some examples of prophetic acts that our family has carried out include:
- Singing “I am not forgotten” plus writing a postcard each to the Queen (on an international level), the Prime Minister (on a national level) and someone at State level, then posting them. This occurred in a town that felt isolated and abandoned.
- Using keys with cards attached for people to write what they needed unlocking from and then using the keys to mime unlocking a door and stepping through.
- Pouring pure water out over a defiled area.
- Sprinkling salt into a river to cleanse it.
- Using passport like cards and travel cards for people to select where they felt God was calling them to minister and to fill in their details like a visa for that country.
- Burying God’s word beside city/town gates.
- Wrapping a chain around a city gate and then breaking it signifying openness to the Gospel.
- Planting a plant to signify new life and growth.
- Writing on a stone
- Going to a high point in a city and praying over the area waving a flag.
- Cutting the air with a pair of scissors to sign the cutting of a negative issue.
- Stepping forward signifying stepping into the new.
- Giving a gift to random people in a town signifying we wanted to give the gift of Jesus’ love.
- Walking seven times around Parliament House and shouting God’s name and breakthrough the final time.
- Writing prophetic words about the use of a building/house on the concrete or under the concrete in the building of a house.
- Blowing bubbles and laughing in the face of adversity and over a map of war torn countries as we released blessings over them.
- Etc. The possibilities are endless!!
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Next time I hope to cover some specific prophetic acts related to a particular theme. Please let me know if there is a particular theme you would like me to cover first.
Remember: Ask God what the issue is and whether or not He wants you to do a prophetic act to facilitate change. If so, what prophetic act does He bring to mind. As always, whenever you feel prompted by the Holy Spirit, act on it.
Prophetic Activations / Exercises to incorporate into your week:
The purpose of these exercises is to help us hear God’s voice in a clearer manner. They sharpen our senses to hear and recognise God’s voice and His way of communicating with us. This enables us to grow in our relationship with God and also to impart to others what God tells us for them. Feel free to use as many of these activations each week as you can. The more you practice, the sharper you become at hearing God’s voice. Enjoy!
Remember that whenever you give another person a prophetic word or picture etc, please make sure that it is encouraging, edifying (strengthening) and comforting (1 Corinthians 14:3) and that it comes from a place of love.
1. Children / Families Activation: Gather some stickers, glitter, bubbles, confetti etc and a large world map that you can get messy eg shower curtain with a world map on it or a hand drawn world map on butchers paper etc. Ask God to show you all individually which nations he wants to bless at the moment and bring peace, joy, safety to etc. As you release glitter/bubbles etc over this nation, even play a joyful song and dance and sing together as a family.
2. Group Activation: Ask God to show you a specific street or building in your neighbourhood which really needs the power and love of God to infiltrate. Ask God for a prophetic act that you could do as a group or individually for that street/building.
3. Beginner Activation: Ask God if there is an issue He would like you to pray about for your street. Ask God if there is a prophetic act that you could do to help bring in change.
4. Intermediate Activation: When someone asks you to pray for them this week, ask God if there is a prophetic act that you/they can do so as to help bring breakthrough and to usher in the answer to the prayer. Explain what you are doing and ask the person if they would like to participate in undertaking this prophetic act.
5. Advanced Activation: Since I believe that this is such a huge issue affecting Australia at the moment and it has the potential to restrict freedom in such a huge way and change values within Australia that the nation is based upon, I am repeating this suggestion. (If you live overseas and would rather do a prophetic act for a significant issue affecting your nation, then please feel free to do so. Otherwise we welcome your joining us in standing against the erosion of christian principles in our nation.) Australia is facing a postal vote within the next month. This could change the constitution so as to allow same sex marriage. Please ask God to show you His heart for the nation and this issue and for a prophetic act that you can do to maintain and uphold God’s law within Australia.