Hubby and I were in bed last night chatting after a full day of church, hanging out with friends and ministry. Hubby commented on how it was exciting to be in a church where one of the cultural values (whether anyone realises it or not is another question as it is an unwritten and unspoken value) is that of believing that anything is possible with God. Not just believing it, but actively pursuing it.
As we reflected on this more, I realised that whenever we want to see the supernatural become our natural lifestyle, this has to be a core value. That God can and will do anything and that anything is possible with God.
Miracle – an illiterate person able to read the Bible
Yesterday morning in church, we heard an amazing testimony from one of our church members who was ministering in Cambodia. An old village woman had become a Christian and 3 days later wanted to be able to read the Bible but had never had the opportunity to go to school. She heard a testimony from some other people who had supernaturally been given the ability to read the Bible. This lady was prayed for by those people and within 20 minutes or so the lady could read the Bible.
Last night were having a meal with friends and reflecting on the testimonies we hear in church. Most of these testimonies come from the Healing Rooms we are part of. I was voicing that I am a bit tired of hearing about the back pain and the neck aches being healed. Sure, it is a big thing for those people but what about the exciting stuff we see of cancer being healed, eye sight restored, the time I prayed for the lady in hospital who no longer needed a heart lung transplant etc. I then shared how our family had experienced some amazing healings – anaphylaxis, teeth miracles – no longer needing fillings or a root canal etc.
My friend then expressed how she has been waiting for 9 years for a huge creative miracle. Straight away I knew we had to pray for her in this area. So we did. In the natural, it seems completely impossible but with God anything is possible. We joined our faith with hers and her husband’s faith. There were a couple of prophetic acts I asked her to do as I felt they were an important step. A huge step of healing had already been overcome by our friend sharing this unusual and personal issue with us.
In asking my friend to do a certain prophetic act, I was reminded of at least 7 years ago when I was at a ladies’ camp and I really felt to pray for a lady with a thyroid issue who had bulging eyes. This lady at the same time approached me and asked me to pray for her. As I waited briefly to hear from God, I sensed that I was to spit on my hands and place them over her eyes. I was relatively new to praying for physical healing for people and was aghast. “What would the lady think?” As I shared this with the lady, she became very excited. She shared how she had asked God to heal her and that she had told God that she would know if it was going to happen or not if the person praying for healing spat on their hands and placed their hands over her eyes. I learnt a huge lesson that night to be obedient to what God wants you to do.
Where are you currently at in believing for the impossible? Believing with such a certainty, not just that it would be great but a total belief that God can and will do anything.
Align your mind:
If you need help in this area, I encourage you to take a Bible verse from the list below. If you believe the Bible is the Word of God, then meditating on the Bible and verses from it, will help your mind align to what God wants to do.
- Job 42:1- 2 Then Job replied to the Lord, ‘I know that you can do all things, no plan of yours can be thwarted.’
- Jeremiah 32:17 ‘Ah Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and your outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.’
- Matthew 17:20 Jesus replied, ‘Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.’
- Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible but with God all things are possible.’
- Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.’
- Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God.
Turn these verses into a declaration that you can declare regularly eg “Thank you God that nothing is impossible for you. Thank you God that you say in your Word that whatever I ask for in prayer and believe that I have received, it will be mine. So Father God, I now thank you for giving me (answer to my prayer) and believe that You will give it to me because nothing is impossible for you Father God. Thank you God.”
God is at work:
When we left our friend’s home, nothing had appeared to have occurred in the way of a creative miracle for this lady but something had shifted in the spiritual. I totally believe that God can do this seemingly impossible creative miracle of growing body parts that are no longer there. I also knew that God was at work since we also prayed for my back pain from a pulled muscle that was causing me some incapacity. The pain completely disappeared and I could move freely.
I know that God will come through for this beautiful friend and her miraculous testimony will be huge in her future ministry that she will have in changing teenagers lives and perceptions.
God is in the business of the impossible.
Prophetic Activations / Exercises to incorporate into your week:
The purpose of these exercises is to help us hear God’s voice in a clearer manner. They sharpen our senses to hear and recognise God’s voice and His way of communicating with us. This enables us to grow in our relationship with God and also to impart to others what God tells us for them. Feel free to use as many of these activations each week as you can. The more you practice, the sharper you become at hearing God’s voice. Enjoy!
Remember that whenever you give another person a prophetic word or picture etc, please make sure that it is encouraging, edifying (strengthening) and comforting (1 Corinthians 14:3) and that it comes from a place of love.
1. Children / Families Activation: Put together a collection of different food tastes or even a chocolate fondue with different fruit, marshmallows, biscuits, and food textures. Set the scene by sharing how in the Bible in Psalm 34:8, it says to ‘Taste and see that the Lord is good’. Encourage family members to select a food and taste it and encourage them to savour the flavour and texture. Ask them to think of how that flavour might reflect God’s goodness or a characteristic of God. Share. Then get everyone to select a different fruit or food and to taste that and whilst doing that to ask God to highlight what it is about that flavour and how it describes or relates to the person sitting on their left. Share again.
2. Group Activation: Grab enough blank paper so that everyone in the room can have one sheet each. Before you hand them out, write down a name from someone in the group on the back of the sheet of paper ie each sheet of paper has a different name on the back with everyone in the room having their name on a sheet of paper. Encourage people not to look at the back of the paper so that they don’t know who they are writing a prophetic word for. Get everyone to quieten their hearts before God and ask God to show, tell or give them a sense of what to write or draw. Allow people ten minutes to hear from God and write the prophetic word. Then, if time, get people to read out what they had written and say who it is for.
3. Beginner Activation: Quieten yourself before God and imagine standing under a huge waterfall. Ask the Holy Spirit to rain down on you. Whilst standing under that imaginary waterfall, ask God to help you tangibly see or hear or feel something from Him. Ask Him to give you a fresh hope for an impossible situation in your life. Ask God to give you a Bible verse or reassurance that He has heard you.
4. Intermediate Activation: Ask God to highlight to you something that is impossible to see becoming true but something you so desperately want. If there is nothing you desperately want, think of someone close to you who needs a miracle. Write a declaration out and ask God to give you a prophetic word for that situation. Incorporate the prophetic word into that declaration. Begin declaring and decreeing it.
5. Advanced Activation: Grab a pen and 3 pieces of paper. Ask God to highlight 3 people you know and write each name on the back of a different sheet of paper. Turn the paper over so that you cannot see which name is on which paper. Select one piece of paper and ask God to show or tell you a prophetic word for that person whose name is on the back of the paper (with you not knowing who it is for). Write down what you sense, feel, hear or see. Repeat the process with the other two sheets of paper. Then turn the papers over and read what you wrote for each person. Give the prophetic words to the appropriate people.